Mediterranean Zoodle Salad
A veggie-forward raw salad that features loads of fresh flavor as a healthy stand-alone meal, or alongside your favorite summer mains.
- 3 large zucchini or 6 small
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/3 cup Greek olives pitted
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 can or jar artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup easy Greek dressing recipe follows
- Pesto, prepared or homemade we like this one
- 4 ounces Feta crumbled (optional, leave out for Vegan + Whole30)
Line two rimmed baking sheets with 2 layers of paper towels and set aside. Spiralize or shave the zucchini and set on the paper towel lined pans to drain while you prep other ingredients.
Quarter the tomatoes and add to a medium bowl. Slice the onion into thin half moons and add to the bowl. Cut the cucumber in half vertically and again lengthwise, then slice into thin half moons.
Halve the olives, slice the pepper into thin strips, and roughly chop the artichoke hearts. Add all to the bowl with other vegetables.
Gently squeeze zoodles between dry paper towels and add to a separate large bowl. Toss with Greek dressing. Arrange vegetables on top of zoodles in pattern, or toss everything together to combine.
Arrange portions in a bowl or on plates, top each with a dollop of pesto and sprinkle with crumbled feta. Serve immediately.
- This dish is best served and enjoyed the same day.
- To make this dish Paleo or Vegan, omit the cheese and use a Paleo pesto (such as the recipe we link to).
- This dish can easily become a main course by adding grilled meat, or serving alongside your favorite protein.